Re: [Epic] Thoughts on Ork Tribes-Late

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 17:08:10 -0400

> Foul? Foul how? I make you gag foul? I'm hear to offend your sense
of
> smell, foul? Foul how? No, you said I was foul, I'm just trying
> understand what you meant. What the $#_at_% do you mean foul? ;-)
(My
> apologies to Joe Pesci)

Are you talking to me? Did I hear you say something to me? ;-)

> I like the fact that they are not affected by the speed as much, I'll
just
> need my calculator. I'm lucky that I just painted 6 Evil Sunz
> Battlewagons. The problem is going to be that in order to take
abvantage
> of these rules, someone will neeed a lot of miniatures with the
diverse
> painting schemes.

Take a look at the campaign I have planned, I'll call you tonight. You
start with one tribe, then work your way up... :-)

> Yeah, now I can paint the captured Leman Russ I took from you. I
didn't
> know that that regular orcs could be painted with Blood Axe colors?
Again,

Grrrlemanrussgrr. Well, now you can paint em Blood Axe, I suppose.
You're the Ork, you figure it out. ;-)

> this is going to be a miniature problem. I like the rules, but maybe
we
> could limit it to only warbands with the Maximum four Blood Axe
stands can
> take advantage of this rule.

That's fine by me too, we can discuss these tonight and tomorrow. I
have extra Orks if ya need 'em.

> As you know from my fantasy army, I love Boars!!! I didn't think
they got
> enough attention in the new Epic game, but I think these rules make
them
> much more desirable. I like it.

<grin> Yeah, and the final rules (on my website) add in Boarboyz Nobz
which I had taken out in the first version. I have a feeling we'll be
seeing a lot of Snakebites...

> Very reasonable. I think it is just a subtle enough change to make
them
> very Goffic without unbalancing the game.

Cool, I think it'll work too.

> You're just saying that because my Great Gargant is Goff. ;-). I
thought
> Shooty Boyz were more of a Deathskull type unit? There should
definitely
> be a Nobz requirement of at least two mobz of Nobz as well.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. ;-) Considering you usually take Max
power fields anyway since your Warlord's in it, you're actually better
off with the one time blast marker re-roll from the Goffs. I put in
the Nobz requirement in the final version and other feedback indicated
that the Shooty Boyz preponderance was also a Bad Moons thing and
appropriate.

> We will have to do a lot of playtesting. Perhaps we could come up
with so
> other type of Orc. I have been tinkering with the idea of a mountain
type
> clan that ignores movement penalties etc. The only problem I see is
for
> painting. I don't know of many people that have enough miniatures to
paint
> entire warbands in seperate color schemes. I'll start working on it
> myself, but I'm just thinking of others.

Aha! The Ork With No Name (from a Mountain Tribe)?

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius