RE: [Epic] Thoughts on Ork Tribes-Late

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:39:02 -0700

At 10:48 AM 9/11/97 +1200, you wrote:
>At 04:39 PM 9/10/97 -0500, Chris Miller wrote:
>>-----> Apparently you are new to the cult, my son. Soon, you will
>>realize the fallacy
>>of this statement. One day, you will have many, many orks, and other
>>armies
>>besides- multiple marine chapters, followers of different chaos
>>gods....bwahahahahahahaha...
>> The process has already begun.
>
>Ain't that the truth. When I began with SM it was under the clear
>understanding I would build just a smallish Marine army to mess about with.
>Then I got an ork army ("just to try it out"), then an Eldar army ('looks
>interesting"), then Squats ("they're cute"). I now have every race and the
>smallest army is approx 6000 points. Getting married made barely a blip in
>my lunacy. Mind you, GW's prices are finally putting the brakes on my
>spending :-(
>Richard

>"The important lesson is that you can get what
>you want and still not be very happy"
> Pope Cerebus

        <snip shameless plug :P>

        Amen, brother, to both your last line of post and your tag line...

        Sometimes I think GW is trying to price itself out of the market. They
may dominate the market in Europe (or so I've heard), but there are a lot
of up-and-coming companies on this side of the drink. Usually a large
company tries to price lower than smaller companies, taking a loss in the
short term, to cause the smaller competitors to fold. I guess they haven't
heard of this strategy.

        Personaly, I feel that GW could make up in volume what they lost in
per-unit if they would lower their prices...

        After all, we still play even considering how buggy and inconsistent most
of their systems are. (Ever tried to read one of their WH:FRPG maps? ALWAYS
at least one error)

        <end rant>

Nickles