RE: [Epic] Skimmers

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:01:06 -0500

>> Page 38 says; Skimmers move as normal vehicles under most circumstances.
>>When a skimmer is given charge orders, it is assumed to be flying high
>>enough to ignore any obstacle 8cm high or less. At the beginning or end of
>>the move,however, the skimmer is assumed to be at ground level.
>
> <snip explanation>
>
> Hmmm. In E40K, they have done away with any specific height limit
>regarding skimmers. They (skimmers) just "ignore terrain penalties", but
>cannot end their turn over difficult or dangerous terrain.
>
> Further simplification on GWs part, I guess...

-----> Epic 2nd did have a skimmer rule that stated they ignore terrain
etc and
also covered pop-ups. Hey, if it works for you...
The pop up rule is one of those that's always annoyed me, where you can
have
2 tanks hiding behind buildings, yet one can pop-up and nail another one
despite
the fact that to reach the angle neccessary to make that shot, the grav
tank would have
to be so far up, the target would be out of range!. This was true in 2nd
ed and even
now in E40K.
        I think I could live with some kind of height limit...

Chris Miller