[Epic] Skimmers

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 13:38:50 -0400

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

        Sauron1 writes; Long ago,when the world and I were yonger,there came forth
Titanicus,and behold there were Titans, Then a further revelations came and
it was Codex Titanicus.( Jervis Johnson 1988 )

        Page 38 says; Skimmers move as normal vehicles under most circumstances.
When a skimmer is given charge orders, it is assumed to be flying high
enough to ignore any obstacle 8cm high or less. At the beginning or end of
the move,however, the skimmer is assumed to be at ground level.
        I never read anywhere that GW altered this height rule. Since this is
approximately 3 1/4 inches high, it would have cleared the Warlords and
buildings in the first SM box.The later box with Large apartment buildings
and the Eldar titan are too high. My original SM group and my new one use
this rule without any problem. We hold Imperial and Eldar skimmers to it.
                                                sauron1