Re: [Epic] Memories ...

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 10:50:22 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 13-Sep-97 [Epic] Memories ... by Chris Pinson_at_...
> Oki wrote...
>
> Gack ! WD #98 ? You sure go way back Aaron, way back.

I keep telling y'all, I don't go that far back, I just make it look that
way! I liked the background so much that I've picked up lots of the
older stuff, and am very glad I did so... I've got WD 97, 98, then I
jump to 111 and jump upwards from there. (Hmm, the largest number of
consecutive WDs is 139, 140, 141... the Space Fleet stuff. Oh, and
151-153, which has a lot of Dwarf and Squat stuff, as well as a Gotrek &
Felix short story. ^_^ )

> Yeah, back then White Dwarf was good.

<nod> <nod>

>What about the Litany for firing a missile ???

Yup, yup. Paint some of your enemy's blood on it to make it work
better... sure. ^_- I also like the one on how to start your car:

"Strike the first rune upon the engine's casing employing the chosen
wrench. Its tip should be anointed with the oil of engineering using
the proper incantation when the auspices are correct.
"Strike the second rune upon the engine's casing employing the arc-tip
of the power-driver.
"If the second rune is not good, a third rune may be struck in like
manner to the first. This is done according to the true ritual laid
down by Scotti the Enginseer.
"A libation should be offered.
"If this sequence is properly observed the engines may be brought to
full activation by depressing the large panel marked 'ON'."

Basically, whack it around a bit with a wrench, give it some gas and/or
oil (the libation) and then hit the on switch. ^_^

> My favorite conversion from Rogue Trader ... A sergeants torso modelled
> onto the bottom of a Dalek ... "Exterminate, Exterminate ..." He he he.

^_^ I always liked the guy with the turboprop on his back. Wheeeeeeeee....

Oh, and how about the robots that were inducted into a Space Marine
chapter as a sign of respect.... ^_^

> One of the best things about games workshop is the fluff. Unfortunately, I
> know it better than some of their staff.

Well, I haven't talked to the staff much... only seen 'em twice, at
cons. (Those are the people in the yellow shirts, no?) Though one guy
did seem to like Space Fleet, actually... so there is *some* hope. ^_-

> This brings me to another point ... Why do they always address you as "Man"
> in GW ???

Dunno. Wonder what they say to women?

> Why do all the photos consist of 12 year olds screaming at the camera.

Target audience. :p

> Why do you always find things you have lost behind the couch ???

Dunno, I don't have a couch....

> And most importantly ... why am I at goddamn work on a f***ing Saturday
> approaching 50hours of work this week. Goddamn software has still got bugs
> in it (still, shouldn't complain, I put some of the bugs there, oops).

Ow. Well, have fun!

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...