Re: [Epic] LOS (was marine chapters)

From: Scott Herring <sjherr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 12:35:35 -0500

> Good idea. Speaking for myself, I would need to make some kind
> of counter
> to remember the status.
>
> So, could "in cover/out of cover" status change w/out moving?
> The
> decision should be in effect for the entire turn, IMHO.
>
> Wait a sec., I just re-read this...
>
> Don't you mean "cannot shoot/be shot at" if not in LOS? Why
> would being in
> cover prevent shooting? In cover/out of cover only applies re:
> shooting,
> right?
> Picture a guy hidden behind tree/shrub/whatever. It's the
> poking out to
> take a shot that makes him vulnerable (or "her", if a guardian, "it"
> if a
> 'Nid, whatever).
>
> Sorry, being PC makes me brain 'urt...
>
> Nickles

 Let me clarify. I normally play board games and sometimes continue to
think in there terms.

If a unit enters cover (e.g. woods) the moving player desides if that
unit will take full advantage of the cover (total cover) and stay out of
LOS, or will just use the cover to make it more difficult for that unit
to be hit.

As for artillery, IMHO, units in woods should be more verinerable (sp?)
to being hit because of the shells hitting the tree limbs and exploding
and thereby creating more shrapnel. Therefore, I would say that the
case when units are hiding in the wood (i.e. in total cover) barrage or
artillery weapons could target them.

As for changing status, going from total cover to partial cover without
moving, why not. How difficult is it to stand up from the bottom of a
foxhole and start firing on the enemy?

Scott