Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 00:36:21 -0700

> Dragstas/Kustom Kannons/WB Towers/Madboyz/GutBuster Ball rounds/
> Snappers/SAG/Gargant troop transport/Deathrollers/WB Towers/Clans
>
> <<Whew!>>
>
> I feel much better now.

Yeah, if there's one unit that I really do miss, it's Madboys. They were funny. I don't
really miss gutbuster ball rounds; when they missed, I always hated them, and when they
hit, I always felt kind of guilty.

> > > The other alleged missing units are not missing at all, they are
> > > just treated identically to other, very similar units. I don't
> > > regret this at all;
> >
> > I regret this quite a bit. Why did the Orks lose so many tank
> > types, while the Space Wolves and the Imperial Fists have Tac marines
> > that are so different? This lacks consistency.
> >

> agree.
> to save space, just reread my previous posts on this about 2 months ago

Hmm. Don't think I was on the list back then. There seems to be an awful lot of
annoyance about that one WD article, which I thought was kind of neat. Perhaps I
misunderstood, but I thought that the article specifically said that the rules for the
specific Marine Chapters could only be used if both players agree; in that sense, they
are not 'canon' in the same sense the Epic rulebooks are, even though they were
published in WD. I could be mistaken on this, though.

>The E40K ruleset is nice(even with the missing units)but suffer
>from a terrible layout, with stuff scattered between 3 books

> why not one book? why the small size?
> does play somewhat faster than SM did with new players.
>
> The biggest thing that I thought was fixed, was "Rules Creep"
>
> sadly, E40k now suffers from this(the new Marine stuff from WD)

Gah? I think the accusation is a bit extreme. 3 bio-titans for the price of two is one
thing, a moderately useful ability that costs several points a stand (and as far as I
know, is optional) is another. As far as I could see, there was no big problem with the
thing, and I do like the idea of customising your own units, in friendly play at least;
Erik's rules for Ork clans are a good example of this.

> with SM/TL, each race would wait for its annual cheeze fest in WD
> for new units, new rules that just didn't mesh with the original
> rules.
>
> yuck.
>
> Now its starting with E40K
>
> yuck.
>
> mike

You should see the new High Elf rules for WHFB...I guess thats one way to fix 'rules
creep' --make the old guys extra nasty too.

Eugene