[Epic] Fluff

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:30:11 +0930

Speaking of Fluff (which we weren't, but we are now :)

I remember a piece about a ritual conducted by the Dark Angels which
concerned the affirmation of the chapter. Every marine present would cut
themselves and collect some of their blood in a chalice. This was them
mixed with wine and passed round for everyone to take a sip.

Another interesting point which seems to have fallen by the way side ...

The Dark Angels never had a chapter master. This was because the Emperor
himself was considered to be the master of the Dark Angels. What they did
have was the Custodian who considered himself to be a temporary leader
until the Emperor claimed the position and led the Dark Angels into battle.

This was in the 40k Compendium (I think)

-----

Chris Pinson
Phone : (61 8) 8233 2059
Email : chrisp_at_...