Re: [Epic] Epic v E40k

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 23:39:42 -0700

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Wow,
>
> People are still really defensive about what version they play.

Well, understandably so; we all care about Epic, right? Thats why we're on the
list.

> I respect everyones views on their favourite version of epic but can I
> request we don't degenerate into a flame war (it's brewing).

I like to think that things have been quite gentlemanly, and I'm sorry if the
arguments over the past few days have upset anyone; I don't think anyone is
saying that people shouldn't play one version of the other, we've just been
debating some of the problems with the systems.

Talking about the things we like about the systems is, of course, great; there
is a lot to like about both systems, IMHO. I happen to think, however, that
criticism can be constructive from time to time - the NetEpic project is an
excellent example of how a good understanding of the strengths, and weaknesses
of a system, can be used to create a valuable 'rules patch'.

Honestly, I don't think it would be the same list if we didn't bitch about the
system every once in a while. :)

Eugene