Re: [Epic] Order Dice

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 00:43:52 PDT

Tyler wrote :

>> E40K comes with "order dice", but of course they only give
>>you six in the
>>box. (What, only six detachments in the whole game, three per side.
>>Ummm,
>>main force and two flanks? Please...)
>>

>>Nickles
>>
>Well, how many should come with the game? 12, 6 per side? How 'bout >32
for
>those really big games? Or you could use your own, your buddy can >use
his,
>and if you can't stand using paper with Overwatch written on it then
>you can
>buy a dice blister pack.

I think that Nickles wanted to say that it was stupid to make Order
dice as it was obvious that there was not enough of them.
Of course these dice are very nice and I must admit that I like them
but it would have been clever to replace the 6 order dice by twenty
or so order markers (as in the Space Marine box).

Now, it's easy to think that all this is a GW manoeuvre to sell dice
blister packs...
I don't want to accuse GW as it's true that without this company we
couldn't play all these cool games (W40k, E40k, WFB, etc...) but
sometimes GW commercial people exaggerate.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 09/12/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/