Re: [Epic] The Campaign So Far...

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 00:32:29 PDT

Erik wrote :

>Francois, I really don't know. It's one of those situations that
>could
>go either way. Bart clearly has the upper hand, but he has not yet
>taken either of my major territories. I have successfully fortified
>both of these and hope to make a successful stand there against his
>superior numbers. The Shadow Skulls first 500 points could arrive
>as
>early as Turn 4, and they'd better! It will be very, very, very
>difficult to hold out until the main force arrives, though. All I
>can
>hope for is that Bart does not accumulate victory points fast enough
>win before then. As he pushes me back to fewer territories I will
>also
>be better able to concentrate my forces which should slow him down.
>
>As you may be able to tell, although the situation is desperate
>there
>is hope and I love the possibilities in a great last stand. Even if
>the Imperials die to the last, it will have been a fun campaign! We
>already have some new ideas on changes to a few rules and to the
>scenario but we will wait until the campaign is done before we
>implement them.

What is incredible is your way of playing this campaign Erik. This is
exactly how a campaign must be played "selon moi" (this is to
increase your French knowledge :), you don't think as a player but as
a "desesperated" Imperial Guard Commander :

"As he pushes me back to fewer territories I will also be better able
to concentrate my forces which should slow him down."

Glory to the Emperor, you are one of His best defenders! ;)

If you come to France, don't forget to contact me, it would be a
shame if I don't meet you!!!! :)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 09/12/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/