Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:38:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Well, it is, but as Psykers have generally been greatly de-grossified,
> this is but a shadow of its former self. No great loss IMHO, it was just
> a bit TOO powerful. Of course, so were many other things, and the E40K
> LR is greatly unbalanced too. Gargants no longer have the
> Kill-A-Titan-with-one-shot Gutbuster Ball round, and Tyrannid BioTitans
> are now complete wimps. The first is liveable-with, as Titans are
> generally more vulnerable, but the last is definitely a crock. E40K has
> its flaws, no doubt.

We have tried a new rule for biotitans that seems to work well, They can
negate any crit wound on a 5+for heirodules and 4+ for heirophants. Makes
them a lot more survivable.

> But....
> anyone ever use a Hellbore in SM2? Remember the Monster it was in SM1?

12 multimeltas, I loved the rules in 1st ed.

> Transportas : FP 0, AF 1, carries 3 units
> Rollas : FP 1, AF 4, carries no units
> Shootas : FP 2, AF 1, carries no units.
>
> Total : FP 3, AF 6, carries 3 units, same as 3 Battlewagons. Of course,
> being Orks, you don't get to control who's on the front line, all the
> Boyz want to be In Wiv Da Onions. So treating everything as having
> standard Battlewagon stats isn't too bad.

Sounds good. I for one like the generality of wagonz, it makes them more
orky. You can make any vehicle with a gun on it a wagon, that's cool.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of