Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 01:01:13 +0200 (MET DST)

>Actually, if you want a 'realism' point (like bikes in SM2), that's one
>for ya, IMO. It is *far* too easy to close with the enemy, without
>getting shot at.

I find discussions about the "realism" of a wargame set in the year 40,000
to be a little bit unjustifyable. Surely none of us can even begin to
imagine battlefield countermeasures of the 400th century... (We might make
guesses about the 21st century, but I'd give odds that those guesses will be
nothing like accurate.)

Have we all read Haldeman's "Forever War"?

It gives an interesting view of 40K warfare, and if you postulate a
battlefiend size stasis field you would get a battlefield a lot like an Epic
battlefield...

Enjoying the game is MY primary concern - certainly not realism...

Agro