Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:14:54 -0700 (PDT)

> >> My point? I think the 'rules creep' is nearly non-existant. New armies
> >> are always decried as more powerful until the next army comes out and
> >> previous lists are forgotten. In WHFB, virtually no lists are appreciably
> >> weaker than the others (maybe Empire).
> >
> > You apparently weren't playing SM/TL when Hive
> >War came out... The creep is definitely there.
> >
> >Scott
> >shupes_at_...
>
> ------> And I would add: For WHFB are the new High Elves tougher/better/
> up-rated over the old HE's. I think so. Are the Dark Elves better than
> the Old
> High Elves - I think Yes. I think you have some degree of rules creep.
> (I use the two most comparable example I know of for FB)

The opposite applies for 40K, Eldar and SW, the first two are a
considerable amount more powerful than others, Dark angels and
ultramarines are ridiculously fair, and Tyranids are quite bad. SoB I
have yet to play, but with three units how good can they be.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of