RE: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:22:50 -0700

At 03:08 PM 9/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>> ------> And I would add: For WHFB are the new High Elves tougher/better/
>>> up-rated over the old HE's. I think so. Are the Dark Elves better than
>>> the Old
>>> High Elves - I think Yes. I think you have some degree of rules creep.
>>> (I use the two most comparable example I know of for FB)
>>>
>>The opposite applies for 40K, Eldar and SW, the first two are a
>>considerable amount more powerful than others, Dark angels and
>>ultramarines are ridiculously fair, and Tyranids are quite bad. SoB I
>>have yet to play, but with three units how good can they be.
>>Steve
>>
>>--
>-----> Yep, the UM's are fine, but they're supposed to be the standards.
>I have heard some grumbling about the BA Death Co, but the DA's
>I have yet to hear too much about. I hear gripes about 'Nids,too oddly
>enough, so some of this may depend on who/how you play, but I
>would say GW has a pattern of complicating things they've already
>done well once (or twice) to the point the system starts to stagger
>under its own weight, neccessitating a new edition...
>
>Chris Miller
>(Chaos also gets nailed as too powerful, but I think the 40K codex
>forcing players to summon their demons evens things out a bit. Actually
>helps them in some cases...)

        That it does, especially Khorne.

        You summon demons with summoning points generated by models with "marks"
of a particular Chaos power. For Khorne, these points come from H-t-H
damage (not nec. deaths). So, a Veteran (infiltrating) squad loaded out
with HtH weapons attacks a forward element, and WHAMO, you summon a
Bloodthirster right in the midst of it, and it never was subjected to fire
as it approached.

        Scary...

Nickles