Re: [Epic] Battle report (IG vs. 'Nids) (longish)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 07:49:53 -0400

Christian,

> First, I'd like to thank Erik for his comments; he has obviously
> thought them out well.

Hey, thanks again for the battle report! I'm just commenting.. :-)

> Well, I had (somehow) managed to have the Colonel IN FRONT of his
> bodyguard, so he took the first hit, and failed his save etc...

Aha - this is what I was wondering about. Thing about Orbital Barrages
is that it says on the card that your opponent gets to choose what
dies. Since there's no 'front', I guess. Anyway, this means that
unless he wanted to kill his Colonel he could have applied the hit(s) to
other units until he had one hit for each unit in the detachment.

> Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for bringing it up, as it will
> make a difference in the future.

No problem - this is a somewhat subtle point that is easily missed yet
makes a big tactical difference.

Regards,

- Erik