Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 09:40:53 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Dan Lobb wrote:

> Philip Charlton wrote:
> >
> > Well, I just got my Warlock Titan in the post today, so here's a question
> > for other Eldar players. I got a pulsar, psi-cannon and a power fist, so what
> > do you find is the best weapon fit? I plan on using the Titan as either a
> > phantom or a warlock, depending on how I feel at the time. Psi-cannon sounds
> > cool but it's only 50cm, and I know everyone likes pulsars (um, except for
> > non-eldar players :)
> >
> > Philip
>
> I find the best weapon loadout for my purposes is two pulsars and two
> lascannon wing weapons, or pulsar/psycannon with lascannon wing weapons.

As an Eldar player I would tend to agree. However, I find this way too
cheesy for words. It makes your Titan far too good at killing _anything_
on the board, especially since range is not a problem at all. Never have
I had an opponent not call me down for the 2 pulsar 2 lascannon wing
configuration.
  As an alternative, try using the Tremor cannon or psi-lance. They're
good, solid weapons. Even the Heat Lance has its uses, especially if you
can close with your enemy. I've taken out Imperators with Heat Lances at
<25 cm. To be fair, though, he rolled snake-eyes for plasma.
  I think sometimes to make things equal, you should take the missile
wings. Then, maybe, your opponent won't scream about the double pulsars.
Then again, maybe not.
| Farseer Karadek, High Commander of the Forces of Ulthwe |
| Kevin Keefe | Epic, 40K, and Blood Bowl Elf Lord |
| stukeefe_at_... | Coach of the Ulthuan Knights, TR 245 |
| "If America has supposedly `lost her innocense' as many times as |
| historians have claimed, we can only assume that she's been a damn |
| whore since day one." -- Rodney Sievers |