Re: [Epic]Flavour,Sabres, and Orky Organisations

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:06:04 -0700

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> Sabres are a Rhino STC, they have a hull mounted Fixed autocannon, and
> increased armour plating, they were used as fast suppport vehicles, I
> cannot remember the battle specifice, but it had something to do with
> reclaiming a bridge from the orks.

From
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~rotter/WWW/WH40K/Dwarf/wd_index.html
that is, the White Dwarf Index, they are described as "Sabre Tank
Hunters".

So it sounds to me like they're uparmoured Rhinos (ie Predators) with an
AT weapon instead of a zillion lascannon. Must add them in V 1.2

Now all I've got to find is:
Imperium Sabre Tank Hunter WD120/45 - this I have, in summary
anyway
Imperium Spartan WD119/60 - this too
Imperial Glaive WD120/08
Imperial Falchion WD120/08
IG Pegasus Amphibious Assault Vehicle CJ09/18
Space Marine Servitor WD166/16
Imperial Guard White Shields WD111/16
Imperial Dropship WD117/12 (Is this a Thunderhawk??)

Then I can start work on:

Ork Traktor Buggy WD128/59
Ork Gretchin Rocket Boyz CJ10/26
Ork Squig Bommerz CJ08/24

Naturally, I may decide that they're already covered by something else.
Or that, in the interests of sanity, they be omitted (especially in the
case of the CJ ones, which look distinctly iffy). But if any kind soul
out there has the appropriate articles, and can provide a summary, I'd
be
most grateful.

In addition, there appears to be a number of articles about certain
troop types. I'd like to check them out to see if my proposed rules
bear any relationship to the original prototype. These articles
include:

Imperial Behemoth (Capitol Imperialis) WD117/18
Imperial Capitol Imperialis 1 WD123/25
Imperial Capitol Imperialis 2 WD130/48
Imperial Hellbore 1 WD120/09
Imperial Hellbore 2 WD123/25
Imperial Hellbore 3 WD130/48

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo