Re: [Epic] Message que Errors

From: Gunnar Strand <gurra_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:22:29 +0200 (MET DST)

David Dresser uttered:
> > Sauron1 writes; The Swedish University server seems to have taken a random
> > dislike to our posts! Anyone else getting thease "EXPIRED IN QUE"
> > notifications? sauron1
>
> Yeah. Some silly mailer daemon is returning them to the epic list as
> undeliverable.
[...]

+++ User using low-intelligent provider using stupid mail server detected.
+++ Offending address has been terminated. Thank you for using aaa(tm)
+++ (address-attitude-adjuster(tm)) - if it squeaks, shoot it.

Normally only I receive bounces thanks to all intelligent servers
which use the "Sender:" header, on the contrary to the stupid servers,
like that one, which uses the "Reply-To:" header. Thank god it is
intelligent enough to recognise its own postings...

Also, I had >11,000 bounces when I emptied the "trash can" after a 9-day
period. Imagine that on the list. Gets you in grip with reality.

Regards,

/Gunnar!
--
We're all sorry for the other guy when he loses his job to a machine.
But when it comes to your job -- that's different.  And it always will