Re: [Epic]Orky Flavoured E40K [Long]

From: Bart Koehler <bkoehler_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:48:16 -0400

> > > Shokk AttackGun 10 1 90 0 4+
> >
> > This would have to be playtested, it might be better to make it 60cm.
> > In the context of Volcano Cannons being only 60cm and all - only the
> > Ordinatus and Deathstrikes get this kind of range.
> >

> And IG artillery. The SAG is a line of site weapon. If you can see it
> you should be able to hit it, at least according to the "holy fluff"

I want to playtest this. I love the flavor of Shokk Attack Guns and would
like to have these in play. I think the 90cm LOS would work well.

> > > Transportas 25 0 NA 1 5+ Transport(3)
> > > (Includes the old wheeled battlewagon, without turret a la original
> > > WH40K one)
>
> > This seems like a reasonable differentiation. Don't see any reason why
> > it wouldn't work. I don't follow the Transport(3) choice though. First
> > off, why change the 'hitching a lift' rule? Second, 2 would seem
> > reasonable based on the size of battlewagons. 3 seems a bit much,
> > particularly given that only one stand can hitch a lift. OTOH, I
> > haven't seen the model you mention.
> >

> Because that what they could carried in SM-2. In WH40K (RT+supplements)
> they could carry as many figures as you could fit on the model with out
> falling off. This is not a joke. Ork really do "just pile on" to their
> transport.
>
> > > Speed Armour HoloField Damage Assault Specials
> > > 25 5 2+ Save 6 12
> >
> > Holo-Field? Sheesh, what else do ya want? ;-) How did this work in 2nd
> > Ed? Would the Orks really have a holo-field as good as the eldar one?
> > If so, why don't they use it elsewhere?
>
> 2nd Ed Mekboy Gargants were, well, weird. Holofield would work here
> because
> 1) It comes close to the effect of the 2nd Ed version and
> 2) Don't have to write a new set of rules.

I never played SM/TL, but I am beginning to understand what you have been
saying about losing a lot of the game. These rules soumd like a lot of fun to
play. My problem with older GW games were that there were so many rules, the
game became a full day rules session of frustration. If we could add back
some of the flavor of the game without losing the speed and flow, Epic40k
could be a much more enjoyable game. IMHO.

Bart