Re: [Epic] Pulsar, vortex, misc. questions

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:42:14 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 4-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Pulsar, vortex, .. by John A
Chapman_at_...
> > Of course! But what's the answer? Or mor to the point, how do most
> > people do it? The reason I ask is because it seems straightforward
> > to me: vortex templates do d6 hits, no armour save allowed. It says nothing
> > about any *special* rules for void shields, so I would assume that the
> > "hits" are treated exactly as ordinary hits - each one knocks down a void
> > shield, when all the shields are gone, excess hits are resolved on the
> > model but with no armour save.
> Thats how you would expect it to work going by the printed rules isnt
> it. This is one of those cases where you need to decide whether you want
> to use the Q&A or not.

The Vortex Missile knocking down all void shields is one of those
holdovers from Adeptus Titanicus that didn't get printed in the
rulebook, kinda like "all rolls of 1 miss," "Titan CC weapons may only
go on the arms," "one-shot (suppoort) missiles only go on the carapace,"
and "a Vortex Missile knocks down all remaining void shields on a
target."

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...