Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 15:13:48 -0600

> You also neglect that it would be difficult
> for a jetbike to hover safely on the roof of a building or a shear rock
> face. That is why skimmers can't end their move in impassible terrain,
> not simply becasue the model doesn't fit.

The end of a turn doesn't represent a sudden point in time where everyone
suddenly stops moving. It is an artificial time break where you conduct
the combat that should actually have been happening all throughout the
turn. This type of artificial time step is necesary because of EPIC's
current combat system, but should not limit the game any more than
absolutely necessary.

If a skimmer is capable of passing over a building during the midst of
its movement phase, then it should certainly be capable of finishing
one turn's movement phase while still over a building and then moving
off of the building during the next movement phase. In the situation
that the game is trying to represent, there is no difference between
these two events.

What I'd like to see is a rule that any skimmer which ended its movement
over impassable or difficult terrain on one turn, must end its next turn
over easy terrain. This would help end some of the artificiality of th
between turn time breaks.

Allen (The EPIC Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/EPIC.html
If you have EPIC questions, send them to: allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Andy Chambers and Jervis Johnson.
Send all other correspondance to: allen_at_...