Re: [Epic] My Epic weekend

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:01:59 -0400

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Hiya all,
>
> well I had a rotten weekend in the Epic stakes.
>
> I played a few games against one of my regular opponents whose army
> consisted of...
>
> 1 Warlord (4 heavy weapon batteries)
> 1 Ordinatus (Death ray thingy)
> 3 Baneblades
> 9 Land Raiders
>
> I don't know what I was doing wrong but I got hammered. Any ideas on how to
> beat this style of army ????

        Artillery? Air power? Both are expensive options
(especially the artillery because of the high armor values
and the lack of juicy barrage targets), but this army would
be unable to effectively deal with either.

> I am now firmly convinced that 200-300 point detachments are the way to go
> (my smaller one performed better than the bigger ones).

        300 points is a small detachment? And here I was
thinking "small detachments" were in the 150 point range.

Scott
shupes_at_...