Re: [Epic] re: ...Marine wisdom... & Eldar Flyers

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:17:28 -0400

Andy Meechan wrote:

> > SUPPORT WEAPONS - Actually, I just want to point out that they haven't
> > done these even though they claim to have released all SM figures.
>
> * Although the Marine Support Weapons haven't shown, I'm surprised
> that as much Imperial Guard stuff *has* been released!

        ??? Hardly anything has been released for the IG.
NO infantry, only some arty (no siege or deathstrike units),
no hydras, no airforce, maybe about half their tanks. Looks
to me like they just put out enough stuff to spruce up SM
armies.

> Imperial Guard
> starts hitting the shelves (in the UK at least) January 5th.

        Oh, goody. Maybe we'll finally see *something*
released for Chaos by this time next year...

> > DREADNOUGHTS - These seem great, but they're damn slow and you can't put
> > them in transports. Are there any non-defensize uses for these?
>
> * (UK)WD214 has more OPTIONAL rules by Gav Thorpe which, on first read
> through are quite nice. Take two Dreadnoughts into battle? I just
> Thunderhawk and go!

        Care to elaborate on said optional rules? Those
of us in the states won't be seeing 214 for another month
or so.

Scott
shupes_at_...