RE: [Epic] My Epic weekend

From: Matt Starling <mstarling_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:13:27 -0700

> 1 Warlord (4 heavy weapon batteries)
> 1 Ordinatus (Death ray thingy)
> 3=
 Baneblades
> 9 Land Raiders
>
> I don't know what I was doing wrong but I=
 got hammered. Any ideas on how to
> beat this style of army ????

The v=
ulnerability of an army that relies heavily on expensive assets is the lack=
 of large numbers. only 4 detachments listed there; 2 only have 1 unit in t=
hem and another only has 3. And all of those are war engines. So, what kil=
ls war engines? Eldar disruption cannons or IG deathstrike missile launche=
rs. Both of these items are highly vulnerable to assaults, but it doesn't =
sound like this army would be assaulting, just sitting back. Deathstrikes =
really answer that problem, the only weapon in E40K that still has unlimite=
d range (other than fliers). Show him what half-a-dozen vortex missiles ca=
n do to ruin his day and watch him bring in larger detachments next time th=
at won't be eaten alive by one vortex warp barrage!