RE: [Epic] [E40K] Seeking Space Marine wisdom...

From: Matt Starling <mstarling_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:22:32 -0700

LAND RAIDERS - Another unit with an inconvenient speed. Do you mix them
wi=
th other vehicles much? It would seem to slow the others down
unnecessaril=
y. One guy mentioned a unit of 5 LRs and 3 Predators; I'm not
sure how the=
 Preds compliment the LRs.

Land raiders use anti-tank shots, but in the sh=
ooting phase, your detachment sacrifices one fire power, or one super heavy=
 weapon (like AT shots), for each blast marker on the detachment. Predator=
s can "soak" the blast markers and deduct their fire power while allowing t=
he Land raiders to continue to blast away with AT shots.

VINDICATORS - Got=
ta love 'em. I mainly wonder whether people put them in
'assault detachmen=
ts' or use them for support in a variety of detachments.

I use them for su=
pport of any detachment I plan to assault with; they are limited in range, =
but great in a firefight and assault.

Most of my units are nearly homogeno=
us; I usually only have 1 or 2 different types of units in support of the m=
ain unit in a detachment.