Re: [Epic] 'Nids 'Nids 'Nids

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:12:38 -0400

Woofer wrote:

> I got a friend here (yes, I do have one) who is playing Tyranids and
> wants to know if anyone else out there does ? What sort of tactics
> people use, detachments, etc, etc.

        Take large swarms with lots of tyrants/warriors. Concentrate
on one section of the board, wipe it out, and move on to another
section. Have some swarms in myectic spores to drop on enemy arty.
Remember that Biovores, while short-ranged, can be dropped in
spores.

> Equally, anyone got any ideas about defeating them ? My best has
> been to pour on the arty and give 'em so many BM's as to make the
> detachment ineffective in FF and CA.

        You could opt for the tactic of taking lots of AT shots
and shooting his detachments' synapse creatures, thus forcing him
to make Ld tests as normal. But you need quite a lot of AT shots
to pull this off before the bugs are on top of you.

Scott
shupes_at_...