Re: [Epic] Eldar Army

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 14:53:22 -0400

Sean,

With all due respect, I think it comes down to this:

> of a small number of Hawks should be no major obstacle. I've fought
> Eldar force with 60 (!) stands of Hawks in it. It wasn't fun and I
> prevailed for two reasons.
> 1) Eldar's first game of E40K and was still playing in SpMar style
> 2) 980pt of Guard Artillery

If you take this much of anything, something's going to break. While 60
stands of Swooping Hawks is certainly interesting as a one-time
experiment, I would hardly call it a balanced army. My bet is that a
lot of your take on Swooping Hawks comes from this one extraordinary
experience.

In most cases, the Hawks and aspect warriors in general shouldn't be
more than 1/3 of the Eldar points. They rely on the assault, so if you
force them to hit a detachment that isn't terribly important but _is_ in
close range of heavier weapons to the rear, they will be blown away
after their one assault.

Anyway, I like the idea in general - I'll have to wait another two
months to get the White Dwarf and test the rules out before saying any
more. Heck, they haven't even gotten WD213 to me yet and now I hear
they took the Tyranid stuff out of it? GWUS is losing it...

Regards,

Ramblin' Erik