Re: [Epic] Eldar Army

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:01:48 -0400 (EDT)

"Sean A. Upchurch" <sau_at_...> writes:
> > It'll be in WD soon, but in summary, Hawk detachments can be deployed as if
> > from drop pods. They're too slow to be used exactly like fliers, but this
> > rule makes them more useful than the basic rules allow. A second house rule
>
> More useful? Yeah, like that's what the Eldar needed out of their Hawks.
> They're already the fastest, hardest hitting infantry in the entire game.
> With those jump packs they can move 75cm on *assault* and their 45cm charge
> allows them to get you from out of your weapon range.

        Yeah, no kidding. If you thought 110 cm was bad with the
Assault Spawn/'nid infantry, this is the same thing with infantry w/
jump packs, adding another 30cm to it...

> And it's not like the Eldar really *need* Drop Pods when they get a transport
> aircraft that hits as hard as a bomber.

        Nope. But aren't you a marine player sometimes? :) Seems to
me it's even more in theme for the Eldar to have a high FP transport
aircraft. Only this one is destroyed more often than 1/36, I think.

> At least GW figured out that Eldar didn't need *another* flyer.

        But we only have 3 so far. :( We should get one to transport
each of the aspect types, and a big one for our Titans!

> Perhaps if GW would occasionally throw a bone towards *any* other army this
> wouldn't have been so bad.

??? Land Raiders, Special abilities for chapters, the Tarot deck...
These aren't aids for those Marine players who can't think? Gavin
just doesn't like writing about Orks, I guess. Chaos doesn't even
have models...

> As with all things GW, the best way to a good game is moderation. Hawks
> don't get really abusive until they show up in numbers.

Complete agreement.

Mark