Re: [Epic] Eldar Titan Wings

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 13:03:45 -0800

Jacob Nathaniel Kopas wrote:

> I would say that since both wings are needed to make the holo-fields work
> properly, than it would be a fair house rule to say that the holo-fields
> work half as well with one wing broken. I would say 4+ for charge, 5+ for
> advance, and 6+ on first fir, and if a 6 is rolled on a wing damage table
> for the first wing destroyed- than the holofields are kaput permanently.
> (I play chaos and fight against eldar alot, I always seem to get good
> rolls with cannons of Khorne so I never worry about hollo fields.)
>
> -Jake
>
> "I'm a firm believer in a ruling class-
> especially since I rule."
> -Randall
>
> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:
>
> > While we are on Eldar Titans
> >
> > Me and a couple of friends have been tossing this around and I thought I
> > would open it up here. A Phantom/Warlock titan has two wings, both of which
> > are used to create the holo field around the titan disrupting targeting
> > systems and vision. Why is that when one of the Wings get blown off that
> > the Holofields stop working immeditly. What I suggested, and some non-Eldar
> > players agree, that the holofields still workm, but not as well. Say after
> > one wing is down the titan has unmodifialable save of 3+on Charge, 4+ on
> > Advance fire, and 5+ on First fire. Or possibly they work as normal on a 4+
> > roll for each turn. What does everyone else think.
> >
> > Timothy J. Kilgore

I think the house rule is fair, except that I think the field is
generated by two active wings. I would refer to the Chaos section and
look at the Silver Towers of Tzeentch. If one of the towers is
destroyed, the field goes down. And they don't even get the protection
of the field themselves. It might be stretching the rules of fair play
to allow the continued use in the case of the eldar wings. Your call.

danlobb_at_...