Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 12:52:32 -0800

Seth Ben-Ezra wrote:

> I just figured that I would take this opportunity to whine. I once
> faced off against an Eldar player who fielded a Phanton Titan squadron
> each decked out with 2 pulsars and 2 lasconnon wings. Moreover, he
> would put them on advance orders and just have them move a cm or two
> to the side to get the 3+ roll from his holofields. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!
> Er, first, am I alone in thinking that this is a cheesy combo and,
> second, how would you advise taking these scum down. I currently
> field Marines and Knights/TL.
>
> Seth Ben-Ezra
> Great Wolf

First, switch to Tyranids. Second, fire your Dominatrices' Energy Pulses
in the Psychic Phase at the Phantoms. Eldar Titans are no longer used
against the bugs at our games due to this extermination method. ]:}

To address this question seriously...
1)Have you ever used Knight Lancers to CC the Eldar titans? You get to
fire that power lance just prior to CC. I haven't played these yet, I
don't know if it is an effective tactic or not.
2)On the other hand, holo fields don't offer any protection against
barrage weapons, so you can use Titan mounted MRL's to blow them away
from a distance. A Warhound Detachment cost 500 points and can carry 4
MRL's giving you 4 barrages at 3+ to target against 3 targets.
3)Manticores can be used if the titans are grouped close together.
4)A more expensive method would be to take the deathstrike centerline
cannon mounts on a warlord battlegroup. You can hit the phantoms from
beyond their range to counterstrike.

danlobb_at_...