Re: [Epic] A lot of questions

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 10:29:35 -0400

Hiya Carl,

1) [a]

I think only Hive Tyrants and Carnifexes would count as big fellas.
This means they would have to go on foot, in Mycetic Pods, etc. but not
in Assault Spawn. If your opponent agrees, you might treat a single
Carnifex as 2 Transport spots, based on the recently posted alternate SM
transport rules for Thunderhawks. Still, the inside of a Thunderhawk
just has very large dimensions. Does the Carnifex look like it could
fit in an Assault Spawn? When it all comes down to it, go with common
sense.

2) [a] You can't fire at yourself to soak off blast markers. If you did
so, I would immediately deduct 15 from your army morale and make all
your detachments spend the next turn trying to 'frag' the supreme
commander. :-)

3) [b] In the case of SHWs, go by what the FP would be in a firefight.
The close combat weapon is special in that the SHW part is just the
close combat effect. The 4FP is additional and must be suppressed as
FP.

4) [b] Since it provides 3FP in a firefight, I would consider that you
would need 3BM to fully suppress it, with each one removing a blast
marker. I should check the FAQ, I have a nagging feeling Allan already
asked this of Jervis...

5) D6. Again, since it counts as D6 FP, you would need anywhere from 1
to 6 BMs to cancel it depending on how well the Eldar player rolls each
turn.

6) A damaged weapon may not be fired.

7) They need an acid refill. There are apparently new rules in WD214
allowing gargoyles to land and act as jump-pack troops too.

8) My scouts are exactly the same as yours. I could see no reason to
paint them all as blond caucasians. Heck, just in terms of painting a
mix looks better anyway. People who laugh at that needs to get their
head examined.

> 'big' battles of a 1000 pts or more. My opponent (from the shop where
> buy my stuff) already has a 2000+ monocolour army, but I want to make
> troops pretty...

More power to ya. Your army will provide you a lot more enjoyment than
his will, IMHO.

Regards,

- Erik