SV: [Epic] Eldar Knights

From: Tommy Roju <tommy.roju_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 17:23:53 +0200

> >Well I posted a version this monday, which I'd like to have some
> >coments
> >about (If it did reach the list?).
>
> I must have missed them, could you post them again please?
>
> Merci d'avance.

They were included in my Exodite World Detachment, and their stats based on
the Imperial Knights, their apearance and a desire to make 3 different
Knights, which all had their special use. I don't know if I was successful,
(on hindsight I think I made them a bit powerful point-wise?) so please
comment on them. Ok, repost follows:

Here is my proposal for a Eldar Exodite Wold Detachment for those lucky
people that have the pre-release exodite dragon warriors.

Notes:
* I made the Air Dragon a skimmer instead of a flyer so that I didn't have
to make a 'Exodite World Flyer Detachment'.
* These Detachments are built on the Stuff that are in the 40K Eldar Codex
(Dragon Knights), the old 'Future Releases' scan which can be found on
http://miso.wwa.com/~kingcm/future-epic.html (Air Dragons, Support Dragons
and Exodite Lords), and the pictures on page 131 in the 1991 Citadel
miniatures Catalogue - Section one (Eldar Knights).
* Could someone with imagination (I lack it...) make up some better names
for the Air and Support Dragons?
* The stats for the Eldar Knights are just based on how they look (and
loosely on the Stompa), but IIRC SM2 stats are included in an old Citadel
Journal or White Dwarf. Does any of you have access to these articles?
* This list is still in a beta stadium, any comment are as always very
appreciated.

Infantry
Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
Dragon Knight as Aspect Warrior +Cavalry
Dragon Lord as Aspect Warrior +Cavalry, Hero
Support Dragon 10 cm 45 cm AT 4 4+ Cavalry
Air Dragon 30 cm 30 cm 1 4 5+ Skimmer

Vehicles (Knights)
Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
Fire Gale 25 cm 30 cm 2 8 6+ Close Support
Bright Stallion 30 cm 45 cm D3 x AT 6 6+
Towering Destroyer 25cm 45 cm 4 6 6+

Exodite World Dragon Detachment

Command:
You most choose a commander.

1 Detachment HQ +25 pts

Up to one Dragon Lord 25 pts
Consists of 1 Dragon Lord Unit (Hero, Cavalry)

Main Force:
Choose up to 5 squads from the following list.

Dragon Knight Squad 15 pts
Consists of 1 Dragon Knight unit.

Air Dragon Squad 20 pts
Consists of 1 Air Dragon unit.

Support Dragon Squad 20 pts
Consists of 1 Support Dragon unit.

Support:
Make up to 5 choices from the following list, but you may not exceed the
number of squads in the main force.

Dragon Knight Squad 15 pts
Consists of 1 Dragon Knight unit.

Air Dragon Squad 20 pts
Consists of 1 Air Dragon unit.

Support Dragon Squad 20 pts
Consists of 1 Support Dragon unit.

Fire Gale 40 pts
Towering Destroyer 40 pts
Bright Stallion 40 pts

Chain of Command: Dragon Lord > Dragon Knights > Knight > Any other unit.

Exodite World Knight Detachment

Command:
You most choose a commander.

1 Detachment HQ +25 pts

Up to one Knight Commander 40 pts
Consists of a Knight unit of your choice.

Main Force:
Choose up to 5 units from the following list.

Fire Gale 40 pts
Towering Destroyer 40 pts
Bright Stallion 40 pts

Support:
Make up to 5 choices from the following list, but you may not exceed the
number of units in the main force.

Dragon Knight Squad 15 pts
Consists of 1 Dragon Knight unit

Air Dragon Squad 20 pts
Consists of 1 Air Dragon unit.

Support Dragon Squad 20 pts
Consists of 1 Support Dragon unit.

Fire Gale 40 pts
Towering Destroyer 40 pts
Bright Stallion 40 pts

Chain of Command: Knight Commander > Knight > Dragon Knights > Any other
unit.

--
"Ei mik��n on niin viisas kun insin��ri" Suomi-ilmi�, Eppu Normaali 1980
Tommy Roju, student at Mid Sweden University