Re: [Epic] 'Nids 'Nids 'Nids

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 12:33:34 -0700

> This raises a question of mine: how do people use
>their psi-blast/reroll fate cards? Save them for important
>rerolls or to counter that farseer trying to blast your
>fully loaded Thawk? Or run around frying anything that
>looks important?
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

        That depends. A psi-blast of 3 is un-counterable (only a higher value can
do it, 3 is highest, so...) so I try to use it for that purpose only.

        I use the dual use cards usually as psi-blasts, but I will re-roll a
particularly improbable result just for the sake of my peace of mind. Which
raises a question: can you re-roll your opponent's rolls? I don't have
rules handy...

        Some cards are too cool to use the alternate ability. Examples are: Forced
March (+30 cm, I believe), Orbital Barrage (much like a psi-blast but w/out
the same range restrictions), etc.

Nickles