Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 11:01:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

<snip>

> Prolonged artillery fire always makes my Firestorm(s) very
> dead. I haven't figured out a better way to protect them. That, and
> usually one of the artillery batteries can sometimes find direct LOS
> somehow. The Chaos player is smart enough to keep the T-hawks
> off-board until my Firestorm dies.
>
> Mark

There's a very easy cheap tactic you can use to combat this. WARNING: it's
very very cheesy and rules lawyering to the max. Anyway, since T-hawks
travel at medium level, they can be seen by everything on the board, right?
In that case, the best tactic to use (and one I am ashamed to say I came
up with only after long games of having my back line slaughtered due to
dead Firestorms) is to hide your Firestorms behind some feature of the
terrain. Hills work well; if you use buildings, it becomes almost like
the pop-up question, and how high, and all that stuff. You can potshot
his T-hawks when they come in, and as long as you protect that hill, he
can't barrage the Firestorm, since he can't see it.
  Like I said I'm not proud of it, but certain things become necessary in
the fullness of time, no? Especially when your opponent brings in 3
T-hawks of Blood Claws to break a host after the Firestorms get taken out.

| Farseer Karadek, High Commander of the Forces of Ulthwe |
| Kevin Keefe | Epic, 40K, and Blood Bowl Elf Lord |
| stukeefe_at_... | Coach of the Ulthuan Knights, TR 245 |
| "If America has supposedly `lost her innocense' as many times as |
| historians have claimed, we can only assume that she's been a damn |
| whore since day one." -- Rodney Sievers |