Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 08:30:26 -0800

Karadek wrote:

> There's a very easy cheap tactic you can use to combat this. WARNING: it's
> very very cheesy and rules lawyering to the max. Anyway, since T-hawks
> travel at medium level, they can be seen by everything on the board, right?
> In that case, the best tactic to use (and one I am ashamed to say I came
> up with only after long games of having my back line slaughtered due to
> dead Firestorms) is to hide your Firestorms behind some feature of the
> terrain. Hills work well; if you use buildings, it becomes almost like
> the pop-up question, and how high, and all that stuff. You can potshot
> his T-hawks when they come in, and as long as you protect that hill, he
> can't barrage the Firestorm, since he can't see it.

..in which case one Disk Rider of Tzeench in the far corner 'pops up'
and spots you, so you get (scattering) barrage fire on top anyway. Or a
CSM Land Speeder. Or even a TH that comes on at speed 0.005 if he has
one spare.

The problem is not cheese, it's the silly pop-up rules. I have no
problem with a Firestorm seeing a TH at Medium altitude while behind a
low hill. But a disk rider seeing the Firestorm... silly.

---------------------- <> <> How doth the little Crocodile
---------------------- o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo oo oo oo