Re: [Epic] Net epic

From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 10:50:48 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 19:58 02/04/1997 -0700, you wrote:
> >

> >On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Chris Swearingen wrote:
> >
> >> one other major change that is lacking in2nd ed... flavor text!
> >> just let a new guy read the old epic rule book flavor portions
> >> and you have an avid gamer for life!
>
> Perhaps it's my English major self, but I have to take issue with GW's
> flavor text. Most of it is obviously targeted at male, adolescent,
> masturbatory power fantasies. It may sell games, but it sounds really hokey
> to me. It occasionally expresses a particular attitude very well (i.e. Who
> do we serve? The Warmaster. Who was denied to us? The Warmaster...), but
> that's about it.
>
> Temp

My English major self would also have to agree. For the most part, in the
latest GW releases, the side text has been just as Tempest says. If you
want good side text and background, you're going to have to go back to
Rogue Trader and the compilations that accompanied it. From what I've
heard, the Realms of Chaos books and Adeptus Titanicus were really good
for this also; I don't know, as I don't own them.
| Farseer Karadek, High Commander of the Forces of Ulthwe |
| Kevin Keefe | Epic, 40K, and Blood Bowl Elf Lord |
| stukeefe_at_... | Coach of the Ulthuan Knights, TR 245 |
| "If America has supposedly `lost her innocense' as many times as |
| historians have claimed, we can only assume that she's been a damn |
| whore since day one." -- Rodney Sievers |