Re: [Epic] Dates: (Was: Whirlwinds in the Horus Heresy)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 13:51:05 -0700

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Actually, his point was that the Traitor Marines had Whirlwinds in
> 30,000. (Well, 31,000; IIRC, the Heresy was in M32.) The Chaos Codex
> claims they didn't, which is BS from previous fluff. (See above....)

Year 1 M32 is actually 29001. The 'M' series of dates _may_ go from the
birth of the Emperor. It's certainly about 3000 years out from the -000
dates.

The reasoning is as follows:

Imperial Record AA/SW 05/015. f19.p&. Profile: Leman Russ. Born 2612016
M32 [ 29016 according to me ] Guranta D Gurantan system [ Planet
Fenris]. Commissioned Adeptus Terra as special agent 0134041, M32
[29041]. First rose to imperial notice during Lucan Crusade. Appointed
Imperial Commander Lucan 0333042, M32 [29042]. Instrumental in founding
Adeptus Astartes unit 4 "Spacewolves".

(Source: Rogue Trader p27)

Within years, all the Primarchs had been found, and became the fathers
of twenty Chapters of Space Marines.Leman Russ became the progenitor of
the Space Wolves, and was counted as a loyal servant of the Emperor....
Then came the betrayal. Like Russ, Horus was a Primarch. Unlike Russ he
bore the title of Imperial Warmaster, and had complete control over 5
chapters of Space Marines...

(Source: Space Marine 1 p48)

On the thirteenth of Secundus, 30014, the bombardment began. From orbit
the Warmaster's ships laid down an unrelenting barrage of missiles and
deadly energy beams. The aim was to cripple the defences around the
Emperor's Palace and make possible a massive invasion of Earth...

(Source: Horus Heresy p12)

Yes, I know it's only because GW mucked up the continuity. Nonetheless,
I prefer the -3000 years explanation :)
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo