Re: [Epic] Epic 30K Legion Rules (long)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 20:38:20 -0500

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> > You may follow the Codex or you may be a "Drop Regiment".
>
> So the wolves are the source of the drop ship style assault.
> Interesting, gives me some more respect for 'em. Now, I'm a bit
> confused though. Can these drop ships carry vehicles and larger?
> Why the discount on FO cost?

"Drop Regiments have better support from it's orbiting mother ships"
(WD-126) The 80% number is the discount for buying support counters in SM-1.

In theory, this discount is only if you use a whole regiment, but that's a
lot of troops.

> > NO DEATH COMPANY. THE WINGED ONE IS STILL ALIVE
>
> I second the vote here. If you're gonna say stuff like this, go out on
> a limb and write up the primarchs. My guess is they'd be pretty simple,
> ala the demon prince model. Ah, heck, as long as I'm talking a big
> game...
> Primarchs:

Ok, what ever. This may find it's way into the E30K part of E41K. That
set of stats doesn't seem to bad, as GLSG go.

> > Blood Angel Tactical and Devastator units have +1 Assault
>
> So they were the old 'Space Wolves', in effect. Assault oriented and
> unusually good at it.

"The Blood Angels are renowned for the ferocity and predilection for close
combat" (WD-126)

> > 2nd Company - The Iron Wing
>
> What happened to these guys?

Damn if I know.

> > If using E41K:
> > Ultramarine Forward observers may add +1 on call for fire rolls.
> > Ultramarine Forward observers may spot for 2 detachments, but both
> > detachments must fire at the same target.
>
> Why the better FO's - just because they have more arty and fancy
> equipment than the other legions?

"The UM possess the largest number of Techmarines of all the first founding
chapters" (WD-126)The rules given are direct steals from WD-126