RE: SV: [Epic] Holidays

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:23:51 -0500

>> Actually, the bulk of US workers get _NO_ paid vacations...
>>

>>Nickles
>>

>What?! You're not paid during your 2 weeks of vacation!!!!!!
>I thought that slavery had been abolished in North America?!
>
>So where are your Labor Unions? Where are your strikes? How do you
>manage to play Epic? ;)
>
>Francois Bruntz
>Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

-----> It's called part-time work (less than 40 hours/week) and has a
whole
different set of rules compared to full time work, which is fine
when you're in college/high school/etc but can be a real pain for
someone
trying to pay rent/raise kids/buy a car etc. Part-time is usually
associated
with fast-food places (McDonalds), and retailers (Wal-Mart) but is a
growing
business now with "temporary agencies" where you work thru a third party
on a temporary basis. Lord knows we use some here, and let me tell you,
most of the time if you don't make a commitment to an employee, they
ain't
too concerned with making a commitment to you.

Anyway, back to some relevance - When do we play Epic? Well, some of us
used to have more time but not much money (students) and now we have
some
money to spend on it (and do) but not enough time. Heck,. I even have
enough
room now to leave a massive fight set up overnight, which was always a
problem
before. I just can't get everyone together to do it now. Ah well, such
is life...

Chris Miller
(whose lovely painted Epic and 40K armies are seeing a lot less action
than
they did before they were painted)