Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 09:00:06 -0400

Max Maynard-Maloney wrote:

> > Which is why it's silly that E40k chaos detachments
> > don't have access to either the vindicator or the whirlwind.
> >
> You could rationalize it with the above argument (complex maintenance).

        Doesn't work for me. Vindicators, frex, are just
rhinos with big cannons. Chaos can maintain rhinos, and it
can maintain big cannons, but it can't maintain vindicators?
There's no skimming tech involved like there is with land
speeders.

> Also, the support of Daemon Engines could have replaced the use of certain
> Marine vehicles.

        Which doesn't work for non-aligned traitor legions
(like the Night Lords). My problem with chaos marines not
having access to this kind of equipment (aside from it going
against the fluff) is that in E40k it's impossible to make a
decent all-chaos marine army (ie no daemons or daemon
engines).

Scott
shupes_at_...