Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:43:41 -0400

> I believe you when you say that you honestly believe this, but I think that
> you are mistaken.
>
> The whole E40K excercise is nothing more than an attempt to extort (I'm
> pretty sure that that is the correct term) money from the gaming fraternity.
>
> I don't know how things happened on your side of the pond, but over here GW
> Aus sent sales reps around to all GW stores prior to the release of the
> highly overpriced E40K figures to collect all of their stock of the not
> quite so highly overpriced SM/TL figures.
>
> Given the thoroughness of the job, it looked like a policy decision to me...
>
> Best of intentions? Sure, if you own shares in GW and get a share of the
> profits.

Actually, I believe that the designers don't make policy, they just design stuff. I
don't know about you, but I think that GW's slide into greed might have something to
do with new management staff. Here in NA GW doesn't have the control it does in the
UK and Australia, because my local store still sells their extra Epic stuff, saying
that it can be used to play the new epic (Merely because the old epic was not
popular, but the new one is feeling the stereotypical boom of a new game)

If you want to complain about trying to get more money out of gamers, let's talk
about GorkaMorka. Does it not look very much like Necromunda? Hmm, you have gangs...
erm, mobs of orks who buy, sorry customize new weapons, gain experience, and fight
for credits, ooops, teef

Tyler

Of course, I am replying to a month old post, so you guys are probably already
bitchin'

Let's do the time warp again