Re: [Epic] Epic 30K Legion Rules (long)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 19:51:44 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 8-Oct-97 Re: [Epic] Epic 30K Legion .. by Chris
White_at_...
> >Er... Primarchs, maybe, Sensei, no. Massed battles are precisely the
> >sort of thing Sensei would avoid like the plague....
> >
> Good point. Maybe they could be some kind of Fate Card: "A Sensei
> works behind the scenes to...(insert Bad Thing for the Enemy here)"

Again, I don't really see why. For one thing, I don't think that would
fit except in a campaign system, where you might have a clear idea of
who is in the right (except, more likely than not, no one is). The
Sensei are *not* a force that backs the Imperium; more often than not,
they fight *against* it. They're the image of the Fighter for Good(tm):
pure, good hearted, for even justice, etc. Much like the old Jedi
Knights, though I really shouldn't make the comparison since I don't
know that much about the Jedi Knights. But they're usually the
antithesis of the Imperium simply because they believe people should
have more control over their own actions, where the Imperium survives by
denying its people that control.

Hmm, the above isn't very clear, but hopefully gets some kind of a point
across. Anyway, there's no special reason why you'd have Sensei in the
30K universe vs. the 40K (or 41K) universe; it's not like they're going
to die of old age, and the plans of the Illuminati haven't been carried
out yet, so they're still around in 40K at the least.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...