Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 18:54:59 -0400

I think that all the complaints against GW is really our way of mouring the passing of what was once Games by Gamers for Gamers. It is a valid example of the pro-capitalist society we live in today. Unfortunatly for GW, they have become so caught up in the money they've discovered they could make, they've forgotten that everything has a breaking point. Just as you can only sell a certain quantity of product before you start losing profits, even if people are buying them, you can only maximize profits until people start getting upset. It is truely a sad state, and I for one feel helpless. That helplessnes leads to anger, and then people start talking. How can something they sell for around $100 .CA (Space Hulk) include pieces who individually cost $100 .CA. I am of course speaking of the 6 piece space marines, at $50 .CA a shot, the same as most pewter
miniatures.

Tyler
I agree that miniatures will never be inexpensive, and that almost everybody involved has over-reacted in some way. We know why, and most of us can appreciate it. It just hurts