RE: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:35:35 +0100

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you over the pricing point. I don't =
know what the export pricing is like, but in the UK the newly released Tyra=
nid's actually show a significant drop in price per model.

Eg:
Carnifexes/=
Zoanthropes: 3.00 GBpounds for 1 model before, now 4.00 GBpounds for 4 mode=
ls.
Assault Spawn (all types) 4.00 GBpounds for 1 model before, now 5.00 GB=
pounds for 3 models.

Overall the new blister cost more than the old ones, =
but they contain more models overall.
I know that GW models are not cheap, =
but bear in mind it is a hobby and few hobbies are. Compared to computer ga=
mes where the life expectancy is on average 1 month, the 'bangs for bucks' =
value of GW minis is significantly better in the long term. I for one would=
 love the models to be cheaper, heck who wouldn't :) but I am realistic. To=
 say that 40K is just an exercise in extorting money out of the gaming comm=
unity is like saying Hollywood makes movies for the purpose of extorting mo=
ney out of the movie-going public...both cases are of course true. Games Wo=
rkshop Ltd is a business, not a charity. They produce games and models that=
 I for one enjoy collecting. In order to be able to do so they have to make=
 money out of it...that is not corrupt or unfair, that is commerce. Without=
 profit, there is no growth and without growth there is no Games Workshop.
=

I don't intend this to be a personal attack and I hope that you take it in=
 the spirit that it is given. My intention is not to harass or offend and I=
 apologise if you feel that way. It is just that I feel your comments are a=
 little harsh on GW and I get the impression that you feel you are being ei=
ther ripped off or exploited in some way because the hobby you chose is not=
 a cheap one and GW are unfairly making money out of it...correct me if I a=
m mistaken?.

Sorry if I appeared over the top...I get a bit carried away s=
ometimes :)
Best
Carl
Gryphonne IV Gene-seed