Re: [Epic] Epic 41K Rule changes

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 19:43:41 -0400

> Well, seing as how my Uncle was a Navy pilot during Vietnam, I managed
> to call him on this one. And here is what he said.
> "Small arms fire was the most dangerous thing to us back then. We were
> flying so low that those rifles they were using, the ammo would slice
> right through-shredding all your electrical, fuel, and pilots that they
> came in contact with."
> I did try to make him not sound like such a Hick, but other than that
> that was exactly what he said. Now, from a man that was shot down b/c
> of SAF I would tend to beleive his story...

True, in Nam they probably did fly low (I wasn't there, or born, so I can't comment)
But they were flying low, really really low. You just try to hit a thunderhawk going mach 2
at angels 30 (Or something like that, too much Falcon 3.0 for me) with better armour then
your average military chopper with a gun, that in all realism, barely goes furthur then a
football field (If you remember the whole discussion about the Battle of Waterloo) That is
an entirely different story.

But, untill me and whoever I am playing pull back our heads and flair our nostrils in
disgust at a hideously stupid rule we just discovered, I will be playing mostly core rules
(Unless I'm playing a campaign, then I'll use campaigne rules.) I paid my 103.50 .CA, and
I'm going to play with what I bought

Tyler