Re: [Epic] Many apologies and (still) a lot of questions

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 01:09:13 PDT

You wrote :

(...)

>And now comes the stupid bit :
>Last Thursday I sent a mail called 'A lot of questions' with (of
>course) a
>lot of questions. As I don't know if it ever appeared on the list
>or not,
>I will suppose that it appeared, and that many kind souls have
>answered
>these questions. However, as I wasn't able to read any mail, I
>couldn't
>read any answers to my questions :-(. If any questions have already
>been
>answered, could anyone please resend the answers ? It may be via
>the list
>itself or my mail address below.
>
>If the questions never appeared on the list, please ignore the
>previous
>paragraph. If they did appear on the list, note that three
>questions have
>been added...
>
>My Original mail went as follows :
>
>I bought Epic 40K a couple of months ago, and I have a lot of
>questions
>regarding the rules.

(...)

>9) NEW QUESTION : When firing with Land Raiders (and other SHW), do
>you
>have first have to say what you are targeting, or can you just fire
>1 AT
>shot, roll its result, and then decide where to fire your second
>shot
>according to the result ? (I guess this is something for a house
>rule)

In my gaming group we always decide all the targets before firing all
AT shots! It's a SM/TL reflex.

>10) NEW QUESTION : If a unit with a SHW fires when assaulting, you
>must
>roll a D6 to get a lock-on. When my Whirlind is assaulting, do I
>have to
>roll for the lock-on and NOT halve the FP of the barrage template,
>or do I
>automatically fire, but at half FP ?

I think that you should half the FP but it's only my opinion. When a
Super Heavy Weapon uses FP (as a Heavy Weapons Battery) you should
consider it as a conventional weapon.

>11) NEW QUESTION : Can an Eldar Heavy Grav Tank Detachment be mixed,
>e.g. 2
>Scorpions and 1 Cobra, or do they have to be of the same kind ?

You can mix of course.

(...)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 10/09/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/