[Epic] The E40k Rulebooks

From: Andy Meechan <a.meechan_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 97 09:02:59 gmt

     Personally the three books work for me - as one book it would be the
     same size as the Codex series (and every other rulebook currently in
     print!) and split into three sections. The wear-and-tear that the
     Armies book takes would be transfered onto the book as a whole and
     your entire ruleset would be in tatters double quick.

     In addition to this you can loan out your basic rules to newbies while
     retaining the armies book to knock up forces to stomp them with :)

     Talking of the armies book, to prevent massive field-damage I took to
     photocopying key parts (for private use only of course) to refer to
     during the game - saving me bookmarking and referencing the War
     Machines and Army summaries.

     The battles book is hardly used and so this is another reason I'm glad
     the books are split.

     As for loan-damage, mention to your friends that you'd like it back in
     a reasonably similar condition - and make a point of getting a loan of
     their favourite book/CD/video at the same time <grin>. Seriously
     though, I couldn't care for the state of the cover, etc. as long as
     the page bindings holds as long as the rules are legible! (Although
     I'd make a point of beating my opponent soundly should they return a
     battered copy ;)

     -Andy-