Re: [Epic] Many apologies and (still) a lot of questions

From: Sean Kennedy <sean_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:36:45 -0700

>I am a really slow painter, because I use at least 4 colours per figure (I
>can't help it...), my armies/detachments are rather small. I only painted
>400 pts of Space Marines, and now I'm going to paint their opponents ('Nids
>or Eldar, I don't know yet), so it will take a while before I will play the
>'big' battles of a 1000 pts or more. My opponent (from the shop where I
>buy my stuff) already has a 2000+ monocolour army, but I want to make my
>troops pretty...

Epic 40K is the first Epic version I played and so I went out and bought a
ton of tyranid stuff and started painting. All of my friends teased me
because I put so much detail into the small figures, but after a few months
I entered a 400 point detachment into a local con's painting contest and
promply won 1st place in the unit catagory! So, $40 richer (bought more
'bugs with my dealer dollars :) I do not care what they say. As an example,
I base coat my Termigants red, then paint the guns green. I then do a
red/brown wash on the basecoat to add depth, then I paint all of the bone
(including that little strip down the head.) Then I wash the bone with
flesh-wash and then begin to highlight the red,green and bone. I can do
about 4 stands in an hour (I have painted over 32 stands of termigants so
far :) I am trying to get pictures of them on my web page. Have fun!

--
Sean Kennedy:
    Internet : sean_at_...