Re: [Epic] Adepta Sororitas - Update

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:54:00 -0700

First, my thanks to Tommy Roju <tommy.roju_at_... for the majority
of this.

Infantry
Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
Battle Sisters 10cm 15cm 1 2 5+ Stubborn
Chastisers as Battle Sisters +Heavy Weapons
Seraphim as Battle Sisters +Jump Pack,
Assault
Canoness as Battle Sisters +Hero
WitchSmeller as Battle Sisters +Psyker

Frater Militaris10 cm 15 cm 1 1 3+
Preacher as Frater Militaris +Assault
Confessor as Frater Militaris +Hero, Assault,
Rampage

Vehicles
Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
Immolator 30cm 15cm 3 1 5+ Close Support,
Transport

This detachment is the usual Ecclesiarchy element attached to an
Imperial
Guard force as stiffening. It also would be used in any of the periodic
anti-mutant or anti-alien purges.

Adeptus Ministorium Detachment(IG)
==================================
Command:
You most choose a commander.

1 Detachment HQ +25 pts

Up to one Canoness 25 pts
Consists of 1 Battle Sister unit (Hero)
Extra cost to:
        Mount In Immolator* +18 pts
        Upgrade to Jump Packs Free
(* Choose one vehicle only)

Up to one Confessor 20 pts
Consists of 1 Frater Militaris unit (Hero, Assault, Rampage)

Main Force:
Choose up to 10 squads from the following list.

Battle Sister Squad 15 pts
Consists of 1 Battle Sister Unit
Extra cost to:
        Mount In Immolator +18 pts
        Upgrade to Seraphim
        (Assault, Jump Packs) +4 pts
(* Choose one vehicle only)

Frater Militaris Squad 7 pts per unit
Consists of 1 to 4 Frater Militaris Units.
Extra cost to:
        Include a Preacher in one of the units
        (Assault) +1 pts
        Upgrade to Cavalry +2 pts per unit

Support:
Make up to 10 choices from the following list, but you may not exceed
the
number of Battle Sister Squads in the main force.
Immolator 18 pts

Chain of Command: Canoness > Confessor > Units including Preachers >
Battle
Sisters > Any other unit.

The following is a detachment of a Full Company of Adepta Sororitas. It
would be used when the opposition is likely to be stiff (e.g. Adeptus
Astartes rather than unarmed civilians...). It is part of a large,
regular force, rather than the small and ad-hoc "Military Advisors Plus
Angry Peasants" force listed above.

Adepta Sororitas Infantry Detachment
---------------------------------------
Command:
1 Detachment HQ at 25 pts and
Up to 1 Canoness (Hero ) 25 pts
Extra to Upgrade to Chaplain (Chaplain) +10 pts
Extra to Upgrade to Witchsmeller (Psyker) +5 pts
Extra to Upgrade to Mater Misericordia (Medic) +10 pts
Extra to mount in Rhino* +7 pts
Extra to mount in Land Raider* +35 pts
Extra to mount in Razorback* +14 pts

Main Force:
Up to 10 of

Battlesister Squad 30 pts
Consists of 2 Battlesister Units
Extra to upgrade both to Chastisers +10 pts
(Heavy Weapons)
Extra to mount in Rhinos +7 pts

Novitiate Squad
Consists of 1 Battlesister Unit (Infiltrators) 16 pts

Support:
Up to 10, and no more than Main Force of:

Support Weapon Battery 13 pts per unit
consists of 1-3 support weapons
Land Raider 35 pts
Razorback 15 pts
Predator 27 pts
Whirlwind 26 pts

C-of-C:SisterSuperior->Battlesister->Novitiate->Any

Justification:
The Codex:Sisters Of Battle give quite a different picture from the
original Adepta Sororitas. Instead of complete companies, arrayed for
battle and equipped as per the Adeptus Astartes, they use small
5-woman "Special Forces" teams, charged with agitation and propaganda.
One wonders if they wear Green Berets off-duty, but I digress.

The original Sisters of Battle, on the other hand, were almost a minor
Inquisition (and often had some jurisdictional disputation as to who
was responsible for which area). They were responsible for doing the
day-to-day persecution of the Unclean, as are the "new-look" Sisters,
but they also were responsible for keeping a close eye on the Adeptus
Astartes to prevent another Heresy. And unlike the Inquisition, they
had the up-front military power to make any lesson stick.

Thus the two army lists: The common-or-garden Ecclesiarchy contingent,
used for day-to-day cleansing of minor Genestealer infestations,
and burning of individual Heretics, and the full-blown military force
used in lieu of Adeptus Astartes when they are wither innapropriate
or unavailable.

As regards the mechanics, the astute observer will notice some minor
differences from Tommy Roju's original. Firstly, the Sisters of Battle
have been given the "Stubborn" attribute, in order to cater for the
Special Rites performed by the Sisters Superior in each squad. Secondly,
the points values have been increased somewhat. Fratri Militarii are
now no longer cheaper than the comparable Imperial Guard, and the
Sisters
of Battle now cost the same as Adeptus Astartes. The special rules
regarding "rampage" under certain conditions have been deleted as too
powerful, and too complex. It's also most unlikely that ANY IG force
will
completely lack psykers! Fourthly, the extra Whirlwinds etc are deleted:
from the Ecclesairachy force. They do, however, appear in the Full-Blown
Battle Force, as do a lot of other vehicles.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo